Credit card processing online for restaurants becomes more and more and more each year for a number of reasons. Probably the most important of these is that it simplifies and speeds up the process of ordering takeout from their favorite restaurants. Of course, the whole process has to be easy and fast. Anything to complicated business risks losing a sale. Customers can get frustrated easily; they have no patience.
Customer Benefits of Credit Card Processing Online for Restaurants
- Customers can easily make purchases;
- Less chance the order will be wrong because of a noisy restaurant;
- Customers don’t get frustrated having to call back if the line is busy;
- Customers don’t get annoyed being put on hold during busy periods;
- Customers can just pick up their order without having to wait in line, since the order has already been paid for online;
- If the customer chooses delivery, the driver saves time and doesn’t need to process a credit card or worry about having enough change if the customer doesn’t have the exact amount to pay.
Benefits of Credit Card Processing Online for restaurants
- Frees up waiters and waitresses from having to answer the phone and take orders;
- Less chance of wait staff making an error taking the order over the phone in a noisy restaurant;
- Reduces the risk of a line building up at the counter when customers are in a rush and just picking up an order that has already been paid for online;
- Delivery people don’t need to carry cash to make change or process a credit card; and
- Allows the restaurant to reach a wider customer base (country wide or even international) and increase gross revenues.
The “Gateway” to Credit Card Processing Online for Restaurants
Until several years ago most credit card processor-based entities were using a third-party “gateway” to accept payment for online purchases. Since there were only a few gateways they charge more than the gateways to today. We work with several processors that have developed their own secure gateways so it brings down the cost tremendously of using a third party gateway and the per transaction charges that they impose in their pricing structure. We can also help with gateway integration and setup.
What is a Gateway?
Authorize.net was one of the first gateways to be used by businesses in the early days of the Internet. It was founded in 1996, and still commands a large percentage of the market share for online gateways. In 2010, Visa, Inc. purchased CyberSource Corp. which was the parent company of Auhtorize.net. Source: http://reuters.com/article/us-visa-cybersource-idUSTRE63K2HB20100421
PayPal was of course another option and is itself a gateway and a processor. Although it is used by a great many online businesses, it may not be the least cost effective alternative, especially for small ticket items, since in addition to its 2.9% PayPal charges a business; it also carries a $.30 per transaction fee. Example: On a $15.00 item the PayPal fees would be 4.9%. Considering all the other overhead and costs small businesses today face, having to give up 4.9% for just processing costs is quite excessive.
While the costs for online processing have come down, it still costs small business owners do pay more when they sell something online, because in addition to the processing costs they have to pay either as a bricks and mortar store or as an online only store; they still have to pay the gateway fees. So in a way they are paying almost double in fees for online payment processing.
Three-Pronged Approach to Credit Card Processing Online for Restaurants
Most credit card processors today have their own gateways, which allows businesses to save money when compared to other online options like PayPal and Authorize.net. We have advised many businesses on gateway solutions and we take a three-pronged approach.
First, we look at security and make sure it is a secure solution with point-to-point-encryption and tokenization as necessary.
Second, we want to make as few technology changes as possible to their current system, because nobody likes to change technology, especially if it is working fine and having to train employees could become an issue.
Third, we offer the business competitive pricing for credit card processing.
Takeout Rocket’s Online Payment Page
We provide you with an online payments page without the need for having to hire a tech to set up a shopping cart, it’s all done for you. It is all integrated in our system for restaurants that provide takeout or are interested in a simple solution for offering their customers takeout ordering online. Restaurant customers can order from the Web, their iPhone or even their Android smart phone.
Payeezy Gateway from First Data
First Data as a Gateway called Payeezy. Merchants can use the gateway to set up a simple payments page to accept payments for a variety of products or services. It can be used by restaurants, dry cleaners, liquor stores, professionals, online retail stores, software companies or for services like plumbing, electrical, carpentry or landscaping. The actual credit card processing takes place on First Data’s servers so the data is encrypted and meets PCI compliance guidelines.
The page can be made to mirror the merchant’s own website with its logo and color scheme so it does not look like customers are going off-site. Using the payees he gave way to be less expensive than using third party gateway that has higher fees, but you should always compare prices.
Shopping Cart Integration with Credit Card Processing Online for Restaurants
There are many different shopping carts and most of them will integrate with First Data’s Payeezy gateway. There a number of factors you should consider and red flags to be aware of when looking at shopping carts to handle online payments for your restaurant.
Shopping Cart Red Flags
- Avoid third party gateways that are difficult to integrate and will cost you more than $500 in tech costs;
- Avoid gateways that have limited use and were not meant to work with shopping carts;
- Avoid gateways that work with a limited number of shopping carts, in case you want to switch shopping carts some day; and
- Avoid gateways that are not directly integrated with your credit card processor.
Takeout Rocket Offers Tremendous Value to Restaurants
Takeout Rocket offers online ordering for restaurants because we know there are HUGE BENEFITS to both the business and customer, as mentioned above. We provide a very easy system for customers to place their orders and pay online. What’s more, while most of our competitors are charging 15% to 20% for a simple system for credit card processing online for restaurants, we knew we could provide a service with comparable features at a much lower price. The result is a tremendous value and savings to restaurants large and small.
Credit Card Processing Online for Restaurants is Not Complicated
If you are confused by credit card processing online for restaurants, there are a few things you can do to avoid the confusion. It doesn’t have to be complicated, so be wary of sales agents or bankers that make it confusing or are not able to explain things to you clearly. They should be able to explain a pricing proposal in simple terms. Always ask for the proposal in writing and feel free to call us if something doesn’t seem right and you want a second opinion. We are glad to help.